Need a breakdown of the average costs for a Colorado wedding? How much does a Colorado Wedding really cost? If you’re in the planning process for your ceremony, you’ll know that taking small steps in finding the perfect venues and vendors is critical in minimizing costs and budgeting for your big day! In this blog you’ll find a breakdown for ALL Colorado wedding costs, with some great vendor and venue ideas! We’ve also included some great photographers with costs, and the BEST Colorado Wedding tips! If you’re ready to take the next steps in planning for your wedding, download our amazing app Wedy to see what we’re all about!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I elope in Colorado?
- How much does an average wedding cost?
- Should I go all out or maybe just hold a traditional modern ceremony?
- Are intimate weddings better in Colorado?
- How much is an average wedding photographer?
- What are some Colorado vendors I can get for my wedding?
- Am I missing anything? Is there a Colorado Wedding checklist?
- How much should I allocate towards my guests?
- How much of my own money should I put towards my wedding?
Average Cost of a Colorado Wedding
We’ve come up with a cost break down for two types of wedding budgets, a high end ceremony and a more moderate wedding ceremony. The average cost of a wedding in the United States is $33,900. Depending on where you want to splurge and where you want to save, you may be able to save a lot more than you think, by skipping dainty props or possibly downsizing on packaging and party favours. Here are some fun infographics to help get an idea of averages
High End Colorado Wedding Budget
If you’re looking to splurge, we’ve added in a great high end venue we’ve worked with over the last few years, and two great vendors for a high end wedding as well! We wanted to feature some of the great caterers we work with in this post, so be sure to check out Can the Bakery and Sugar Mountain Catering in Denver, as they are local favourites and have amazing selections!
Blanc Denver Colorado Wedding Venue
This eclectic venue is the perfect wedding location to cherish your new memories with your spouse! This venue holds natural light and greenery, adding a modern twist with its rustic pieces. The contrast of the open room concepts, to the historic brick walls, to the grand light chandelier. There’s even a gazebo and outdoor dining options for all the patio lovers! This venue is truly versatile and has conferences as well as weddings. It’s a great venue, and is definitely within budget of the average Colorado Wedding cost.
What you need to know
- Events must end at a set time: Sunday through Thursday: 10pm, Friday through Saturday: 11pm.
- Monitored Sound
- One hour of extra rental time is available to accommodate vendors
- No bands or amplified noise outdoors
- Non-smoking venue
Total Venue Capacity: 600 people
Interior spaces that the Blanc Venue offers available for rent include the Main Gallery Space, the Innovation room, and the Barn. The innovation room and gallery space are also available for dual bookings, as one interior space (2080 sq ft total). Gallery Space is open concept. Exterior spaces that the Blanc Venue offers available for rent include the Courtyard, the Brickside Patio, and the Gazebo Table.
Rates: To rent this venue during peak season (May-October), the rates range from $5500 on Sundays-Thursdays, $7000 for Fridays, and $8500 for Saturdays. For rates during off-peak season (November-April), the rates range from $4500 on Sundays-Thursdays, and $6000 on Friday and Saturdays. To book this space, connect with Blanc Venue here!
Package Options: Wedy offers many versatile package options for Colorado weddings! For this venue, we recommend the Just Us Two package, which starts at $1899 and offers the following:
- Up to 6 Hours of Planning with a Wedy Lead Planner
- Advice on Ceremony Locations
- Personalized Elopement Timeline
- Professional Photography including Hiking, Ceremony, and Portraits
- 150+ Edited, High-Res Photos
- Online Gallery + Printing Rights
- 24 Hour Photo Sneak Peeks
- Custom Bouquet + Boutonnière
Blanc Venue also offers an elopement package, for three hours of venue access in exchange for $1500, you can check it out here!
Cak the Bakery Denver Wedding Catering
Cak the Bakery is an amazing vendor who we love, here on the Wedy app! From luxurious placements to delicious desserts, Cak the Bakery is ready to create the perfect cake for your wedding.
A one tier wedding cake package sells for $125, a two tier package will be $275, a three tier is $550, and lastly, a large three tier cake package will go for $750. Images of some of their work are below, click here to book Cak the Bakery and check them out on our Wedy app!
Sugar Mountain Denver Wedding Catering
“Rooted in a passion for all things opulent and celebratory, Sugar Mountain Catering was created to serve all of your Gatsby party dreams”. With amazing grazing plates, and edible works for any event, Sugar Mountain Catering specializes in crafting unique food experiences, making sure to touch on spicy and sweet elements, and bringing sugar to a whole new life! “Cross our hearts that we will deliver elegant, upscale food in an approachable and creative manner,” – they guarantee greatness in flavour and packaging! A perfect addition and not too bad when factored in, with other Colorado wedding costs.
There grazes start at $20 / board, and additional pieces and dips can be added on for a few extra dollars! They also serve sandwiches, salads, and beautiful bridal brunch boxes, with most of their dishes serving a recommended 10 people average. For a full rundown of Colorado costs and packages, click here! You can also check them out on the Wedy app!
Moderate Colorado Wedding Budget
For those with a less lenient budget, but still an extravagant taste for wedding festivities they need to satisfy, we’ve got a great cost breakdown for you to plan the perfect wedding ceremony in Colorado! We’ve also decided to feature two amazing vendors we know, who offer unique services that will enhance your wedding day!
Juniper Mountain House Colorado Wedding Venue
What you need to know
- 10 acre property
- Five private bedrooms
- Multiple packages offered
- Two lounges and Bar
- Two deck areas, one upper and lower
- Deck areas available for outdoor reception or ceremony
- Outdoor fire pit
- Hot tub
- Private hiking trails
Room amenities include:
- Private en suite bathroom
- Complimentary coffee
- Plush robes
- Toiletries, hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- DirecTV and WiFi
- Mini bar stocked with snacks
- Refrigerators in select rooms
- Fireplaces in select rooms
- Two pet friendly rooms
This stunning venue is a beautiful 10 acre property that includes five private bedrooms, and two grand reception sites! You can opt for the “meadow” or the “mountain view” site! Located in the foothills of Evergreen, Colorado, Juniper Mountain House is an amazing boutique hotel with amazing sites and rooms that you can book to host the perfect Colorado Wedding! Click here for more information!
Total Venue Capacity: The Meadow site can hold up to 60 guests while the Mountain View Site can hold up to 50 people!
Package options: This venue offers six package options and some add ons as well, that can be checked out here! They range from $495 (elopement) and $4400 (small wedding), to $7700 (average wedding at this property).
Package Options – Wedy’s Offer!
Of course – Wedy’s got you covered, because we offer equally great and even MORE affordable packages, with elopements starting at $875 and small weddings starting at $5299 – and including SO MUCH MORE! Check out our package options here and book a free consultation today to see how you can hold your wedding at the Juniper Mountain House, for less! Below are some ways you can save at this venue, and two great vendors you can book for a moderately-priced Colorado Wedding!
Where you can save!
- Fancy guest books and party favours for the table are two things that can be simplified or avoided altogether – your venue decorations and a regular guest book would suffice if you’re trying to save!
- Vendor add ons can be skipped, and booking your venue in advance can also help to save on fees.
- Booking a duo wedding photographer + videographer can help you cut costs as well, and most photographers also have experience as videographers!
- Getting fake flowers for your venue would also help you save hundreds of dollars.
- Wedding planners would be ideal, but if you have a smaller wedding party or are eloping, there are many venues that offer an on-site coordinator to help you through your wedding day, and can take on the role of your wedding planner if you contact them in advance.
- If you plan to travel with your wedding party or lodge with your guests, costs can be avoided through asking your guests to cover their own lodging costs, and there are often discounted rooms provided for the wedding party if you book in advance.
- Bridesmaids parties can be asked to cover the costs of their own dresses, and if you’re comfortable, can be given the option to opt out of being a bridesmaid altogether, if they cannot afford the extensive costs.
- Providing the costs of hair and make up artists for your entire bridesmaids parties can also make up for the fact that you will not be covering the costs of their dresses!
- Insurance would be great and is recommended, but is not always necessary.
La Piccolina Mobile Bar Wedding Caterers
La Piccolina Mobile Bar are amazing wedding caterers, with customizable pint-sized joy, ready to set up their mobile food truck anywhere you’d like! They offer a mobile bar, which features a medley of beer, wine, prosecco and mixed drinks. From weddings and festivals to corporate events and backyard barbecues, La Piccolina is sure to bring a unique splash of flavor and a little bit of Bella Italia to your special ceremony!
The base package costs 1250 for three hours. They also have a package called the Alora, which goes for $1650 for four hours, but you can always request a quote on their website, to see how much your event will cost. You can click here to book the Piccolina Mobile Bar Caterers and check them out on our Wedy app!
Monstera Gold Colorado Wedding Calligraphers
Looking to spice up your wedding invitations, guest books, or wedding favours? Look no further! Monstera Gold is modern calligraphy company for “life’s golden moments“. They specialize in giving your wedding a custom touch and bringing your decor dreams to life! Monstera Gold’s studio is based in Denver and San Francisco, but are able to travel to make your calligraphy dreams a reality! You can request a quote directly on their website to learn about rates! Make sure to also check Monstera Gold Calligraphers out on the Wedy app, to see package options!
Average Price of a Photographer in Colorado
- Beginners and student photographers will typically charge between $500- $1500, but there are a lot of professional photographers with affordable options as well, so don’t rule that out just yet!
- On the Wedy app, we have eight professional photographers that offer packages retailing for under $1000! The featured photo above is by Lena Gill, who offers affordable packages!
- A semi-pro photographer will typically charge a base payment of $1000-$2500, and lastly, a professional photographer will on average charge a base payment of $2500 and up.
- In the United States, the average wedding photographer costs $2000.
- Packages are typically between 2-8 hours, with a minimum of two hours provided by every photographer.
- You should aim to allocate between 10-15% of your total budget towards a photographer. This is one service for your wedding you do NOT want to skimp on.
Best Colorado Wedding Tips!
- #1 TIP : Inquire in advance on whether your photographer offers any add ons, and whether they are willing to travel.
- #2 TIP: Ask about the format of the photos, album or CD options, and any limits on retouched photos, before an additional charge is incurred.
- #3 TIP: Make sure you look into the style of photos that you want: traditional, vintage, warm toned, silhouette, etc. This will be important if you have. aset theme for your wedding!
- Keep in mind that add-ons will cost extra, and that for travelling photographers, you may be charged either a flat fee + (a $ amount / mile), or the full fee based on air travel.
- Also keep in mind digital copies are available and many wedding photographers also offer wedding videography!
Download the Wedy app to see more of our amazing partnered photographers work and inquire about affordable packages!
Where can I get married in Colorado?
At Wedy we’ve featured many amazing venues over the last few months, and today we’ve brought you two popular wedding venues that would be perfect for hosting your Colorado Wedding Ceremony! We’ve also added links to our other blog posts focusing on specified locations in Colorado, such as Denver, Breckenridge, and Estes Park.
- Colorado Wedding Venues That Will Blow Your Mind Away
- Elope in Breckenridge – 2021 Local Guide with Cost & Locations
- The Best Estes Park Wedding Venues and Airbnbs
Vail Colorado Wedding Venue
Vail is a beautiful location for a Denver Wedding offering breathtaking sights and adventurous opportunities for your spouse and guests! A popular location for weddings and tourism, Vail is known for it’s classic mountain views and quaint villages, it’s sure to fascinate your wedding party with it’s beauty! Our blog posts above have specific locations in Vail, Colorado, with details for your reference!
Reasons to Get married in Vail
- Many accessible venues with views we guarantee you’ve never seen before!
- On-mountain venues available, get married with a 360-degree views of the Vail Valley and Gore Mountain Range
- Beautiful scenery, five star hotels and cabins nearby
- Village and tourism opportunities nearby, amazing lodging
- Summer season brings amazing weather, while winter offers skiing opportunities
For added fun, our vendors can fly you up the mountain ourselves, when you book a helicopter ride through the Wedy app!We also have on-the-go photographers, caterers, and florists, who would be more than willing to accompany you to Vail and indulge in the beauty of both your wedding and the mountains! Download the wedy app today to check out some of our great vendors and venues near Vail!
Colorado Wedding Checklist
Once you’ve gone through your checklist, followed our quick tips, you’ll be all set for your big day! On the Wedy app, you can even see a financial analysis with the average cost of your wedding, in real time! Click here to get an INSTANT ESTIMATE and find out how much your Colorado Wedding will cost!
Download Wedy, and see just why everyone is raving about the benefits to our amazing wedding planning services! Get the Wedy app today and book a free consultation with our award winning wedding planners, to see how you can make your wedding dreams become a reality! Wedding planners do so much more than just make calls and organize catering, see the Wedy difference! Download our app today!