A complete guide to how Barb and Sasha planned their Blue Lakes elopement in Breckenridge for $5174. With a budget of $6000, this couple was able to hold a 15 guest elopement, curated especially for them by the Wedy team. Enter Blue Lakes, and picture chirping birds, serene blue lakes, and wildflowers. We break down Blue Lakes ceremony locations, highlight navigation information, feature an elopement timeline, and recommend our picks for the best Breckenridge Airbnb Elopement Venues.
While Barb and Sash may love the sparkling city lights and late-night adventures, nothing beats the ambience of the glistening lakes, golden views, and serenity of the cozy Blue Lakes in Breckenridge. Blue Lakes has a little bit of everything – from mountains to beautiful lake views, to hiking trails, it is an elite and romantic elopement spot that couples embark to year after year.
As a couple that’s raved about the beauty of Colorado, Barb and Sasha knew they wanted a mountain wedding, but didn’t know where to start. Enter, the Wedy team, who helped them mix and match their elopement options until they planned the perfect wedding – right in the heart of Breckenridge. Amazed by the beauty, the couple said I do with sparkles in their eyes – they were in love with their wedding venue, and the nature of Blue Lakes. Blue Lakes was the perfect choice for Barb and Sasha, it had a little of everything and still felt like home.
With the Wedy app, you can browse pre-designed, all-inclusive wedding experiences, making it a one-stop shop for your big day! Here’s how Barb and Sasha planned for their Blue Lakes Breckenridge Elopement!
Here is a full cost breakdown of Sasha and Barb’s Blue Lakes, Breckenridge Wedding!
How much does it cost to Elope in Blue Lakes?
An elopement in Blue Lakes, Breckenridge costs $5174. This includes the cost of photography, floral bouquet and boutonniere, a small wedding cake, a wedding planner, hair and makeup, a licensed officiant, and an elopement picnic for two. No permit is required for your Blue Lakes Elopement.
What you need to know if you are eloping in Blue Lakes, Breckenridge
- Blue Lakes is a beautiful ceremony location known for it’s nature and scenery. You will find a mix of terrain – from lakes to mountains, to luscious forests.
- You will need a permit from the Dillon Ranger District to get married in Blue Lakes, and a Colorado Marriage License.
- Blue Lakes Road is open for the Spring, Summer, and Fall Seasons. This means from October through May, you will not be able to elope at the lower trail.
- Be sure to plan ahead as accessibility can be tricky, depending on road closures, and weather conditions.
- Blue Lakes is pet friendly – dogs welcome! To navigate the Blue Lakes trail, click here!
- Opt for an Airbnb to get the full experience of eloping in the heart of Breckenridge!
How to Navigate Blue Lakes Breckenridge on your Wedding Day
Here’s an interactive Google Map to help you navigate the different ceremony locations in Blue Lakes, Breckenridge.
Here’s an exclusive look at Barb and Sasha’s Wedding Day Timeline. They held their wedding ceremony at the lower trail of Blue Lakes, Breckenridge before heading to an Airbnb for an intimate reception with their closest family and friends.
Sample Elopement Timeline
12:00PM: Bouquet & Boutonniere will be delivered at the
getting ready location
1:00PM: Hair and Makeup Artist arrives at your Airbnb
3:30 PM: Hair and makeup finishing touches
3:40 PM: Photographer arrives at your Airbnb to capture the last part of the getting ready process – a picture perfect moment!
4:05 PM: Time to take off to the ceremony location (Everyone should have their own vehicles to get to the ceremony location)
18 Minute Drive + Parking Time
4:20 PM: ARRIVAL! Groom and their parents will meet the Officiant at the Lower Trail Parking Lot
4:30 PM: Time to walk down the Aisle with parents and loved ones
4:35 PM: Beginning of Ceremony (Vow Ceremony, Handwritten vows, Ring exchange)
4:50 PM: End of Ceremony Share that big “I do!” and seal it with a kiss!
4:50 PM – 5:10 PM: Family Portraits
5:15 PM – 5:40 PM: Enjoy an intimate Lakeside Picnic with some Champagne Toast, Wedding Cake and Charcuterie!
5:40 PM – 7:30 PM: Couple Portrait session during Golden Hour. Explore the surrounding area
7:40 PM: Grand Exit Captured: Ride that #JustMarried glow through Golden Hour into the Sunset!
Wedding Vendors in Breckenridge
Here’s a breakdown of Barb & Sasha’s Blue Lakes Wedding Vendors. Since Blue Lakes is in Breckenridge, the easiest place to find vendors is through browsing for Breckenridge Directories – here’s a great one we’ve created on the Wedy App!
Blue Lakes Wedding Airbnb Reception Venue
Whether you are eloping in Breckenridge, or inviting your nearest and dearest to a destination wedding, these Blue Lakes Airbnbs make for great reception venues venues to tie the knot! Whether you’re looking for a relaxing getaway, or a west coast adventure by the water, you can’t go wrong eloping at an eclectic Airbnb, and celebrating your love in the heart of nature! We’ve searched high and low for the best places to stay, so here are our top picks for the best Blue Lakes Airbnbs in Breckenridge, CO.
Serene Mountain Abode with Hot Tub & Views
- Guest Count: 12 people
- Floor Plan: 5 bedrooms, 6 beds, 4 baths
- Parking: 7 cars maximum: 3 car garage, 4 driveway spaces
- 20 minutes to Blue Lakes Lower Trail
- Game room, a Bar, Billiards Table, and Shuffleboard
- Hot tub, Outdoor Dining Table, Fireplace, TV
- Starry Skies and Mountain Views
- Nearby: Breckenridge Ski Resort, Blue River Bistro, Downtown Breckenridge Main Street, Carboy Winery, La Francaise French Bakery, Breckenridge Nordic Center, and Aurum Food & Wine, Carter Park.
Secluded Mountain Cabin with Views, Hot Tub & Treehouse!
- Guest Count: 12
- Floor Plan: 4 bedrooms, 7 beds, 3 baths
- Parking: 5 cars maximum: 1 car garage, 4 driveway spaces
- 20 minutes to Blue Lakes Lower Trail
- Fully Functional Treehouse, Luxe Sunroom, Foosball Table
- Hot tub, Grill & Outdoor Patio, Fireplace, TV
- Large secluded yard with mountain views, towering coniferous trees
- Nearby: Breckenridge Ski Resort, Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant and Cantina, Empire Burger, Castaways Cove (American), Breckenridge Tap House (pub), Snowflake Trailhead (hiking), Stephen C West Ice Arena.
Why you should hold your Breckenridge Elopement at an Airbnb
Here’s a helpful list of pros and cons to consider, when eloping at an Airbnb!
- Unique experiences – Airbnbs provide an experience like no other! You can browse for all kinds of features for your intimate elopement!
- Traditional venue guidelines do not apply – while an Airbnb may have their own separate set of rules, they can often be negotiated with the host and are not as rigid.
- Saves you money – no service fees, gratuity, and other costs that are charged by a traditional venue
- More opportunities for outdoor weddings and receptions – Airbnb weddings offer for ease of elopement and easier access to your ceremony location!
- You can combine your wedding and honeymoon all in one – you can opt to elope in the same location as where you plan to honeymoon, especially if you’re hosting a destination elopement for just the two of you!
- Easier to curate your own wedding experience – with the Wedy App, you can shop pre-designed, all-inclusive wedding experiences, making it a one stop shop for your big day!
Mix and match your vendors, browse Breckenridge Airbnbs, and seal the deal all in one place!
- Restrictions on sound and music – depending on the surrounding neighbours or wildlife, your host may have specified restrictions on volume for your event. Opt for an Airbnb that is secluded for a more private experience.
- Harder to prepare for bad weather – any sort of make-shift solutions for mother nature will have to be done yourselves or by your day-of-coordinator.
- Smaller guest count- there may be a smaller guest count due to the host’s restrictions – always check if events are allowed!
- Location may be hard to access by vehicle if the Airbnb is in a rural area – always check with your host on the ideal form of transportation to and from the area.
- More responsibility – you will have to clean up after yourselves and coordinate vendors on your own. This is why having DOC and wedding planner are ideal. Be sure to get wedding insurance if you are planning for your elopement on your own!
- Expect the unexpected – Airbnbs typically do not have the traditional damage deposit as wedding venues. As such, you need to prepare for anything like the A/C breaking or the internet going out. If someone damages something, you may be responsible or fined.
Blue Lakes Breckenridge Wedding Planner
With the Wedy App, we can help you find elopement packages in Breckenridge connecting you to Colorado elopement vendors, including photographers, florists, venues, and more. Download our app today and find out how to elope in Breckenridge, Colorado.