Wondering how to plan a Colorado wedding picnic? Here is a guide we’ve put together on how to throw the perfect Colorado wedding picnic! Including how much does a wedding picnic cost, what to serve at a picnic wedding, and the steps to planning a Colorado wedding picnic. Wondering how to plan a casual picnic wedding or perhaps, a posh picnic wedding? No matter what you decide, we’ll be sharing our favourite vendors for throwing the best picnic-style wedding reception in Colorado! Featured Image by Taylor Hassebroek.
Tips and Tricks for your Wedding Picnic Reception
- Let your guests know it is a wedding picnic reception – Picnic wedding receptions may require a change of outfit – especially if the ceremony was at a different location. Be courteous and let your guests know early!
- Choose a park with a dedicated picnic site- Where you throw your picnic has a big impact on the set up! If it’s a mountain wedding, make sure you prepare for the trip. Reach out to our wedding planners to find out how to get a park permit for your picnic style wedding! Wear the proper footwear, and let your caterers, guests, and photographers know about the location in advance. Planning for accessibility needs and on site is also a necessity.
- Let your photographer know- If you’re planning on doing a photoshoot at the reception, make sure you let you photographer know in advance. Share your wedding mood board, so they have an idea of what you’ll like. Be sure to check out our bright Boho Picnic Pinterest Board for inspiration!
How do I make my wedding Covid-19 Friendly?
- Social Distancing – social distance if possible, if Covid-19 is still a concern in your state, or if you feel uncomfortable with the closeness of your guests.
- Indicate if attendance requires Vaccination Proof on your invitations – whether for the venue or for personal preference, indicating to your guests before they arrive whether vaccination proof is needed, is essential to holding a safe wedding!
- Avoid sharing food – avoid sharing food and opt for custom guest boxes instead! You can order your own personalized charcuterie boards for your guests. Fun, safe, and affordable, we have great picnic companies listed below if you’re interested in picnic baskets for your picnic wedding!
Some other things to keep in mind
Weather – it’s always best to have a contingency plan when planning a picnic wedding reception. Consider renting a tent if you’re planning your wedding during a riskier season (fall). A lot of caterers will stick around for your event in case you have any requests, and since most packages include clean up, should there be a weather emergency they should have your back.
Dietary Restrictions- get a list of all of your guests dietary restrictions in advance, so that you can be prepared to offer them vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options.
Entertainment – if you are opting for a picnic wedding reception, our wedding packages are perfect because we provide complimentary bluetooth speakers! All you have to do is create a Spotify playlist and press play. You can also add on a violinist to your package for some live music for your picnic wedding!
What are the Best Picnic Spots in Colorado?
For a Picnic Wedding, finding the right location is essential to having a great reception! Along with these locations, we’ve featured some great picnic companies with their picnic wedding packages! Some great places to consider a romantic picnic elopement, or holding a vintage wedding picnic are down below!
- Sloan’s Lake Park, Denver
- Cheeseman Park, Denver
- Denver Botanical Gardens, Denver
- Chautauqua Park, Boulder
- Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs
- Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park
Check out our blog post on Rocky Mountain National Park to see how our clients Amelya and Doug Groski held their wedding at the park for under $5000! They also had a romantic Boho Picnic for Two at 3M Curve! Along with these great picnic spots, we’ve listed some amazing picnic companies that will cater for your special day!
This Cozy Picnic for Two Might be our New Fav!
Denver Picnic Co. is your one stop shop for a luxury picnic experience. Specializing in picnics for both small intimate settings and for large gatherings, Denver Picnic Co. does it all! They have about 5 packages to choose from and we’ve featured one of our favourites below! They also have amazing add on services. Here is the Boho Picnic Wedding Package for two, described as “every photographer’s and newly married couple’s dream alike.”
How much does it cost to throw a wedding picnic?
- Starts at $450 for 2 hours
- Low, picnic-style table
- Pillows for seating
- Floor covering
- Boho color scheme (red, orange, yellow, beige, neutrals)
- Seasonal charcuterie for 2
- Locally-made chocolates
- Boho teepee structure as pictured to the left
- Candlesticks with electronic candles
- Macrame table runner
- Boho centrepiece
- Pampas grass decor
- Plates, decorative chargers, napkins, cutlery, glassware
- Wine key
- Conversation starter cards
- Polaroid film + camera
- Sparkling water
- Set up and clean up included
- Additional time ($50/hour)
- One-tier elopement cake (starts at $100)
- Coffee bar (starts at $50)
- Donut wall for 25 ($175)
- Individual charcuterie boxes (+$25 per guest)
- Personalized place cards for seating (+$20 per guest)
- A dozen gourmet donuts ($35)
- Private yoga ($125)
- 6 gourmet chocolate-covered strawberries ($50)
- Burrata grazing box (feeds up to 4) ($65)
- Extra Polaroid film ($15)
- Juice bar – perfect for mimosas ($50)
Want Picnic Baskets for your Picnic Wedding? To stay especially Covid-Friendly and safe for your picnic wedding – opt for these delicious bite sized guest boxes! They are easy to distribute and transport, so aesthetic, and fit right into a picnic basket! Curate wedding picnic baskets for your wedding reception using our Pinterest Guide! Check out more like this on our Pinterest!
For the best garden picnic, Blumenhaus Denver is your girl! As a long time Colorado wedding florist, Blumenhaus Denver has everything you need for a Colorado Wedding Picnic! From picnic table flowers, to floral decorations and garland, add a pop of colour to your picnic set with Blumenhaus Denver’s creative arrangements!
The cost of a wedding bouquet is just $280, featured in their beautiful bridal bouquet package. Blumenhaus Denver is a great florist with amazing floral designs and arrangements. Here are the details.
How much is a bridal bouquet?
- $280 is the cost of a large bridal bouquet
- Custom Bridal Bouquets
- Curated personally in a floral studio
- Diverse Colour Palettes (up to your choice!)
- Intergalactic Designs
- Caters to garden picnics
- Offers Bright Boho Picnic Reception Centrepieces as an add on!
- Picnic table flowers and floral decorations available as an add on!
Lazuli Picnics Co.
Lazuli Picnics Co. is a new group specializing in luxury wedding picnics in Colorado! They currently have three packages, a DIY picnic option, a Classic Picnic option, and a LUXE picnic option. Today we’re featuring the Classic Picnic Package by Lazuli Picnic Co., perfect for your Colorado Wedding Picnic! They also have amazing add ons, listed below!
Lazuli Picnics Co.’s Classic Picnic Package includes
- Base is $215 for two guests
- A Classic Picnic with Pillows & Blankets
- Can seat up to 4 Guests
- 3 Styles: Classic Bohemian, Bold bohemian, and Shades of Blue!
- Luxurious picnic experience
- Blanket space and place setting for each guest
- Faux flower arrangement
- Charcuterie Boards and drinks for each guest
- Chalkboard for your own special message
- Dessert for each guest
- Full set up and clean up
- Additional Guests – $26 / person
- Drink Station $20
- Giant Jenga $20
- Fresh Flowers ($50)
- Extra Time – $35 / hour
- Record Player $25
- Macarons (set of 6) $20
- Peacock Chair – photo prop $60
EAT the Caterer
EAT the caterer is amazing if you want to hold a more vintage style wedding picnic! Complete with candlesticks, floral garland, and vintage cutlery and place settings, EAT Provisions in Aspen is the best classic caterer!
Based in Aspen, EAT the caterer sources ingredients from local farmers, provides wedding catering, event dinners, and even provides private chef services! EAT’s menu is always expanding, and is very versatile. Signature chef Kate Guiles Ellis is ready to make your picnic wedding one of a kind!
What do I serve at my picnic wedding?
- Italian, Asian, Indian, Mediterranean and Mexican Options
- Vegan, Vegetarian, and Gluten Free options
- Ranch Styled Food (Lamb based)
- Coup Styled Food (Chicken based)
- Pasta options
- Soups and Salads
- Curated Bowls (rice and casserole)
- Meat / Poultry and Seafood based menus
- Pizza based meals
For more information on pricing, contact the Wedy Concierge team!
The Grazing Fox is an amazing Colorado Wedding Picnic Caterer! based caterer located in Vail Valley! They have a great variety of dining options, and present them in a creative yet natural way. These caterers specialize in creating artisanal appetizers, with healthy entrees and specially crafted gift boxes for each guest! They offer three package options, and below is their grazing board package option, for small and intimate picnic weddings!
The Grazing Fox’s Grazing Board Package includes
- Large Grazing Board, Custom graze order
- Grazing Boards start at $60, Grazing Board Package is $100
- Artistic and Modern
- Compostable plates, napkins, and cutlery for each guest
- Unique place settings and picnic decorations
- Able to travel
- Setup and cleanup
- Wedding Guest gift boxes add on – $25
- Individual boxes also available
Where can I find picnic wedding packages?
To find all inclusive wedding packages, guides to eloping and so much more, download the Wedy App and save up to 70% on vendors and venues through booking with Wedy today! Our wedding planners will help you weigh your options. From picking a venue, to outlining all the vendors you will need to host a complete wedding in Colorado!